Latest Posts on NutriLibrary
Aug 17, 2012 - 10:32 AM
Fiona Byrne, Clinical Specialist Renal Dietitian, Cork University Hospital
• CKD is becoming increasingly common due to our ageing population and a rising incidence of type 2 diabetes and hypertension.
• CKD is a potent independent risk factor for cardiovascular disease.
• Optimal management of the risk factors for cardiovascular disease also slows the progression of CKD.
• Most patients with CKD will not progress to end stage kidney disease.
• The majority of people with CKD will be managed…
Apr 02, 2012 - 01:43 PM
Claire Schwarz, Research Dietitian, Great Ormond Street Hospital, London
Lactose Intolerance (LI) and Cows’ Milk Protein Allergy (CMPA) are terms often used interchangeably when infants and children have adverse gastrointestinal reactions to dairy products. However, these are two distinctly different conditions and careful consideration should be given to the appropriate clinical use of these diagnostic terms. Both fall under the remit of food hypersensitivity, as defined by two scientific reports1,2 (Figure 1), but have different pathophysiology. It is vital that…
Page 1 of 1