Patient Care - HCP Information
The Nutricia Patient Care service supports healthcare professionals throughout Ireland caring for patients receiving tube feeding at home, or in residential care.
We are committed to supporting healthcare professionals to manage the discharge of patients from hospital on long term enteral nutrition support.
The services we offer to healthcare professionals include:
Experienced team with dedicated Clinical Nurse Advisors and Patient Care Coordinator
Freephone Helpline and Email
The Patient Care freephone helpline is available Monday to Friday from 9.00am – 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays).
Comprehensive training on the use of the pump provided to patients and carers in hospital or at home by professionally trained Nutricia staff.
- Dietitian notified on completion, and informed of the outcome of the training session.
- 7 day post training follow up call to ensure patient is comfortable with all aspects of setting up their pump and feed.
Patient discharge administration support
- Database of budget holders and community healthcare professionals to allow direct contact be made with the appropriate person in a timely fashion.
- Provision of discharge letter templates
- Infinitycare – the latest innovation in patient discharge management. An online system specifically designed to reduce administration associated with patients discharged on home enteral feeding.
To find out more about Infinitycare please click on the link below:Infinity Care
Pump and accessories provided on loan to patients free of charge
- Free pump replacement for pumps that are in need of service or repair.
- Free pump return for pumps to be returned to Nutricia either for service, repair or because they are no longer needed by the patient.
- Provision of accessories such as carry packs for mobile patients where appropriate.
Support Literature for patients and healthcare professionals
Tube feed resource folder
Home tube feeding guide – adult
Home tube feeding guide – paediatric
Weekend Pump Support Service
An emergency pump delivery service is available to patients at weekends and on public holidays.
Patient Holiday Support
Free advice and support literature for patients travelling abroad on holidays.