Patient Care - Patient and Carer Information
The Nutricia Patient Care service supports hundreds of patients across Ireland who receive tube feeding at home or in residential care. We understand the difficulties which face patients and their carers, and we are dedicated to providing the best we can to help patients manage their nutritional treatment.
The services we offer to patients and their carers include:
Training for patients and carers
- Training on the use of pump for tube feeding provided in hospital or at home by professionally trained Nutricia staff.
- Post training follow-up to ensure tube feeding is running smoothly.
Support on discharge from hospital
- We provide 5 days supply of feed and giving sets free of charge on discharge from hospital in order to give you time to order your prescription and giving sets.
- We supply of a range of patient support materials which offer advice and information on tube feeding.
Pump and accessories provided on loan free of charge
- Supply of a feeding pump and a drip stand on loan and free of charge.
- Provision of accessories such as carry packs for mobile patients where appropriate.
Free pump maintenance and repair
- Free pump replacement for pumps that are in need of service or repair.
- Free pump return for pumps to be returned to Nutricia either for service, repair or because they are no longer needed by the patient.
- We also provide an emergency pump delivery service at weekends and public holidays.
Patient Holiday Support
- Provision of free advice and support literature for patients travelling abroad on holidays.
Freephone Helpline and Email
The Patient Care freephone helpline is available Monday to Friday from 9.00am – 5.00pm (excluding bank holidays).