An amino acid based phenylalanine-free powdered infant formula containing essential and non-essential amino acids, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
Supplemented with long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and prebiotic fibres.
Indications and Prescribability
For use in the dietary management of proven phenylketonuria (PKU), in infants from birth to 12 months and as a supplementary feed up to 3 years.
Use under medical supervision. Not for parenteral use. Not suitable for use as asole source of nutrition. These products should nt be used as a sole source of protein but must be given in conjunction with a protein source, to supply the phenylalanine, fluid and general nutrition requirements of the patient in quantities as prescribed by a clinician or dietitian. Only intended for use by patients with PKU.
Preparation & Administration
The recommended feed concentration is 15% w/v (15g of product made up to a final volume of 100mls with water). Use only the scoop provided. Each level scoop (5g) of PKU Anamix Infant requires 30mls (approx. 1 fl oz) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (15% w/v).
Preparation of infant feeds
THE HEALTH OF YOUR INFANT DEPENDS ON CAREFULLY FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR PREPARATION AND USE. INCORRECT PREPARATION CAN MAKE YOUR BABY ILL.
Use only the scoop provided. Each level scoop (5g) of PKU Anamix Infant requires 30 ml (approx 1 fl.oz.) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration (15 %w/v).
1. Wash hands thoroughly and clean the preparation area. Sterilise bottles and teats (if using).
2. Boil fresh water for 5 minutes and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes so that it feels warm to the wrist. Pour the required amount of water into a sterilised feeding bottle.
3. Fill the scoop provided with PKU Anamix Infant and level off with a clean, dry knife. Do not press the powder into the scoop. Only use the scoop provided.
4. Add the prescribed number of scoops of PKU Anamix Infant to the water. Replace the cap on the bottle and shake until the powder dissolves. Before feeding ensure that the formula is at the correct temperature by placing a few drops on the wrist.
5. Formula remaining in the bottle after one hour of feeding should be discarded. Formula must not be rewarmed during feeding.
Important Notice: Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Infant formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding and any remaining formula should be discarded if not used within one hour.
Store in a cool, dry place.
Once opened, use within two weeks. Always replace container lid after use
Return to product index