View Product Catalogue
Search our database to view details of all our products.
David Gray, Senior Specialist Dietitian at Guy’s and St Thomas’…
Michelle Barry, Specialist Home Enteral Feeding Dietitian
There are several…
Help support your patients recovery with three tasty new flavours…
Nutricia Suggestion Engine - Recipes
In order to show you information relevant to you, please select a Meal Type.
Press the 'find' button below to find relevant recipes.
Basic White Sauce Recipe
- 25g / 1oz butter / margarine
- 25g / 1oz flour
- 100ml / 3½ fl oz whole milk
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 (200ml) bottle Neutral Fortisip
- For an extra 70kcal per portion
- add 30ml Calogen to the sauce (optional)
Method / Preparation
1. Melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour and mix to a smooth paste.
2. Add milk gradually, stirring all the time.
3. Add Fortisip gradually. Continue to stir and cook over a gentle heat until mixture thickens.
4. Season to taste, then serve.
Use this sauce as a base for a variety of sauces by simply adding
extra ingredients at step 3. Some delicious examples:
• Cheese sauce – Add 75g / 3oz grated cheese
• Parsley sauce – Add 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• White wine sauce – Add ½ glass (75ml) white wine
• Mushroom sauce – Add 5-6 mushrooms, chopped and fried
For an extra 70kcal per portion, add 30ml Calogen to the sauce.
The content provided by Nutricia is for information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with your doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented in these pages are not intended to replace the care of your own doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. Before you make any changes in the management of your diet / treatment or any other persons diet /treatment you should always consult your doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. Although we carefully review our content, Nutricia cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the medical accuracy of documents we publish, nor can Nutricia assume any liability for the content of any web site linked to our site. © 2010 Nutricia. All rights reserved.