View Product Catalogue
Search our database to view details of all our products.
David Gray, Senior Specialist Dietitian at Guy’s and St Thomas’…
Michelle Barry, Specialist Home Enteral Feeding Dietitian
There are several…
Help support your patients recovery with three tasty new flavours…
Nutricia Suggestion Engine - Recipes
In order to show you information relevant to you, please select a Meal Type.
Press the 'find' button below to find relevant recipes.
Fruit Scones Recipe
- 1 (200ml) bottle Vanilla Fortisip / Fortisip Multi Fibre
- 275g / 9oz self-raising flour
- 50g butter at room temperature
- 50g mixed dried fruit
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 egg - beaten
Method / Preparation
1. Sieve the flour into a bowl and sprinkle in the sugar.
Rub the butter in lightly until the mixture looks crumbly.
2. Add the dried fruit. Pour in the beaten egg and Fortisip and mix to a dough. Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured working surface. Roll it out to approx 2½ cm / 1in thick and cut out scones using a cutter.
4. Place the scones on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 220ºC / 425ºF / Gas mark 7 for approx 10 minutes, or until they are well risen and golden brown. These scones are delicious served warm with butter or cream and jam.
For a little variety, try adding chopped glacé cherries or blueberries in place of the dried fruit. Any left over scones will freeze perfectly well.
325kcal and 5.5g protein if served with butter and jam.
Makes 8 scones
The content provided by Nutricia is for information purposes only and is in no way intended to be a substitute for medical consultation with your doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. The information, opinions, and recommendations presented in these pages are not intended to replace the care of your own doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. Before you make any changes in the management of your diet / treatment or any other persons diet /treatment you should always consult your doctor, dietitian or healthcare professional. Although we carefully review our content, Nutricia cannot guarantee or take responsibility for the medical accuracy of documents we publish, nor can Nutricia assume any liability for the content of any web site linked to our site. © 2010 Nutricia. All rights reserved.