Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - exchange value 0
Ingredients500g cooking apples, e.g. Bramley Apples
½ tsp cinnamon
90g Loprofin Mix
75g brown sugar (plus 1 tbsp for apples)
2 tbsp raisins or sultanas (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
- Peel and core the apples and slice thinly into a baking dish. Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Add raisins or sultanas, if desired. Sprinkle with 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Place the Loprofin Mix in a bowl and rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the fruit and bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden and the apples are tender.
- Serve warm with low protein custard.
- Leftovers may be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days. Best served reheated in the oven or microwave.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.