Low Protein Diet - exchange value 0
Ingredients200g Loprofin Mix
50g caster sugar (for sweet pastry)
Salt and peppers (for savoury pastry)
Cold water to mix
- Place the Loprofin Mix in a large bowl, cut the margarine into small pieces and, using your fingertips, rub into the Loprofin Mix until the texture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar or seasoning, depending on whether you are making sweet or savoury pastry.
- Stir in sufficient water to give a firm, manageable dough.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of greaseproof paper and lightly knead the dough for 30 seconds, until smooth.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of greaseproof paper.
- The dough is now ready to use as required. This recipe is enough for 1 large tart or 12 individual tartlets. Leftovers should be wrapped in clingfilm and stored in the fridge for 1 day or in the freezer for 3 months.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.