Chicken salad and jacket potato
500g potatoes (peeled)
1 romaine lettuce (chopped)
1 chicken breast (roasted)
100g onions (finely chopped)
200ml fresh cream
3tbsp olive oil
1g salt and pepper to taste
40ml salad dressing (e.g. Cesar dressing) use your favourite salad dressing
19 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Peel and boil the potatoes, then mash them and mix them with 100ml cream and butter, and 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear until you have a firm puree. Add some salt and pepper.
- Peel and finely chop the onion; fry it gently with a drop of olive oil until it becomes transparent.
- Blend the chicken breast with the poached onion, the cream and some of the water. Blend until smooth and add season to preference. Add 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear and blend again.
- Chop the lettuce and blend it with the olive oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Once blended, strain and add 9 scoops of Nutilis Clear.
- Add Nutilis Clear to your favourite dressing sauce until you achieve the same texture as the other elements of the dish.
- Shape the potato puree into a potato shape. Plate it and cut it like a jacket potato. Using a piping bag, pipe some lettuce puree into the middle and add some chicken puree on top. Finish off with your thickened puree dressing.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.
464 kcal energy