250g Loprofin Mix
25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
25g soft brown sugar
½ tsp salt
7g packet of yeast
10g psyllium husk
For the filling cream buns:
200ml vegan cream
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the Sno-Pro and psyllium husk allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, rub the hard white fat into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Now add the sugar, salt and yeast. Stir in the Sno-Pro mixture until smooth and you have a soft dough.
- Cover and leave in warm place to prove for 1 hour or till its doubled in size.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix and tip out the dough, knead for 2 minutes then divide the dough into 10 even pieces.
- Shape the dough into finger shapes, rolling the dough with the palm of your hand.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet, cover and allow to stand in a warm place until the buns have doubled in size.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until golden brown. If you tap the bottom of the bun it should sound hollow. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
For the cream buns:
- Using a sharp knife, cut the buns in the middle. Careful not to cut the whole way through though.
- Whip the vegan cream until it is a thick consistency.
- Add some jam to the buns and then pipe in whipped vegan cream.
- Dust with icing sugar.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional