Easter chocolate eggs
For the Easter eggs
200g low protein chocolate
edible sugar sprinkles
For the hot chocolate bombs
100g low protein chocolate
20g low protein marshmallows
200mls of Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink LQ
- Break the low protein chocolate into a glass or metal bowl and place over a pan of simmering water - don’t allow the bowl to sit on the water, stir until melted
- With a soft cloth or kitchen towel polish the inside of the Easter egg mould
- Now pour in a quarter of the melted chocolate and move around the mould so all the sides are coved, tip out the excess chocolate back into the bowl and place the Easter egg mould flat onto a lined baking tray, allow to set and repeat so the eggs have 2 full coats of the chocolate
- Gently remove the eggs from the mould and use a little more melted chocolate to glue the 2 halves together. Sit them on a tray lined with kitchen paper until set
- Brush melted chocolate on the outside and cover in sugar sprinkles to decorate
- For the hot chocolate bombs repeat as above - line the mould and once removed from the moulds, fill one half with edible glitter and low protein marshmallows. Glue the 2 halves together with a little more melted chocolate and allow to set
- To serve, heat some Sno-pro or Loprofin Drink LQ and place on one of the chocolate bombs, stir to melt. The glitter and marshmallows will float and the chocolate will melt making a hot chocolate drink
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.