Total cooking time:
Level 4 puréed dysphagia diet
1 - 2
freshly ground pepper
2 scoops Nutilis Clear
Sausage and Onions
10ml vegetable oil
100g sausage meat or skinned uncooked sausage
1 tsp gravy browning
1 tsp chopped sage
4 scoops Nutilis Clear
50ml tomato juice
2 scoops Nutilis Clear
- For the scrambled egg mix 2 eggs, salt, pepper and 30ml milk in a small microwave-safe bowl.
- Stir thoroughly and microwave for 1 - 1 1⁄2 minutes at medium power.
- Stir again until well mixed and microwave again 30 seconds at a time until desired texture is obtained.
- Mix well between cooking and take care not to overcook.
- Place the mixture in the blender with 20ml milk and blend until smooth.
- Whisk in 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear and serve on the plate.
- For the sausages and onions, heat the oil in a pan and sweat the onion for five minutes until soft.
- Add the sausage meat and water, then cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Add the gravy browning and blend until smooth.
- Add 4 scoops of Nutilis Clear to thicken.
- Place the mixture into a sausage food mould or pipe on the plate.
- Place the tomato juice into a bowl, add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear, whisk and leave to stand for 90 seconds (you can use food moulds or just pipe the tomato directly onto the plate).
Sausage and onion
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.
664 kcal energy