Garlic and sundried tomato pizza
FOR THE PIZZA BASE
250g Loprofin Mix
125ml warm water
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
1/2 sachet of dried yeast
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE TOPPING
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of zaatar (or any dried herbs)
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
80g mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
6 sundried tomatoes, left whole
Handful artichokes (from a jar)
Handful of rocket leaves
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
30g creme fraiche
Salt and pepper
- To make the pizza base, place the warm water, Sno-Pro, dried yeast, sugar and psyllium husks to a bowl, stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens
- Add the olive oil, salt and Loprofin Mix to the bowl and beat for 3 minutes
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly into the shape of a pizza
- Transfer the dough onto a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Top with dried herbs, garlic, mushrooms, red onion, sundried tomatoes and artichokes
- Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil and season with some salt and pepper
- Bake in a preheated over for 20-25 minutes or until the base is golden brown
- Serve with lots of fresh rocket, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some creme fraiche.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.