Garlic and sundried tomato pizza
IngredientsFOR THE PIZZA BASE
250g Loprofin Mix
125ml warm water
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
1/2 sachet of dried yeast
1 tbsp psyllium husk
1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
FOR THE TOPPING
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sprinkle of zaatar (or any dried herbs)
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
80g mushrooms, sliced
1/2 red onion, sliced
6 sundried tomatoes, left whole
Handful artichokes (from a jar)
Handful of rocket leaves
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar
30g creme fraiche
Salt and pepper
- To make the pizza base, place the warm water, Sno-Pro, dried yeast, sugar and psyllium husks to a bowl, stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens
- Add the olive oil, salt and Loprofin Mix to the bowl and beat for 3 minutes
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and roll out thinly into the shape of a pizza
- Transfer the dough onto a baking dish and drizzle with the olive oil. Top with dried herbs, garlic, mushrooms, red onion, sundried tomatoes and artichokes
- Finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil and season with some salt and pepper
- Bake in a preheated over for 20-25 minutes or until the base is golden brown
- Serve with lots of fresh rocket, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar and some creme fraiche.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and mut be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.