Homemade bread loaf
250ml warm water
1 sachet dried yeast (supplied with Loprofin Mix )
Pinch of salt
Pinch of sugar
1 tbsp psyllium husks
500g Loprofin Mix , plus extra for dusting
4 tbsp olive oil
Coarse sea salt
TOMATO & HERB BREAD
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tbsp fresh thyme or rosemary, chopped
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp tomato pesto and a drizzle of olive oil
- For the Plain Bread. Preheat the oven to 200C and oil a loaf tin.
- Place the water, Sno-Pro , yeast, sugar and psyllium husks into a bowl, stir and allow to stand for 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
- Add the Loprofin Mix, salt and olive oil into the bowl with the thickened mixture, then beat for 2-3 minutes
- Leave the dough to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until it has doubled in size
- Dust your work surface liberally with Loprofin Mix. Your dough may seem really wet but that is OK. Just keep dusting your surface with the Loprofin Mix until it resembles a dough
- Divide your dough into two and place into two oiled loaf tins (or use one half to make Tomato & Herb Bread, as below)
- Brush your bread with olive oil and sprinkle with coarse sea salt
- Bake in the preheated over for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
- Leftovers can be sliced and frozen for up to 3 months. This bread is better toasted once it has been frozen and thawed
- If making in a machine follow these instructions: Add the water, Sno-Pro, yeast, psyllium husk and sugar to the bread maker
- Stir and leave for 10 minutes to activate the yeast.
- Add the Loprofin Mix, olive oil and salt and turn on the bread machine
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and mut be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.