Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value ½* (exchange per serving 0)
250g Loprofin Mix
25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
25g soft brown sugar
½ tsp salt
7g packet of yeast
10g psyllium husk
For the icing:
50g icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Food colouring (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the Sno-Pro and psyllium husk allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, rub the hard white fat into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, salt and yeast. Stir in the Sno-Pro mixture until smooth and you have a soft dough.
- Cover and leave in warm place to prove for 1 hour or until it’s doubled in size.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix, knead the dough for 2 minutes then divide the dough into 10 even pieces.
- Shape the dough into finger shapes.
- Place onto a lined baking sheet, cover and allow to stand in a warm place until the buns have doubled in size.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes until golden brown. If you tap the bottom of the bun it should sound hollow. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
To make the icing:
- Mix the icing sugar, vanilla extract and add a few drops of boiling water until you get a smooth but thick icing. (Add a couple of drops of food colouring to change the colour of the icing).
- Now dip the tops of the cooled buns into the icing. Allow to set.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional