450g prepared chopped vegetables of choice (e.g. sweet potato, swede, mushrooms, cauliflower, yellow or green peppers, butternut squash or courgettes)
3 tbsp oil
1 large onion, diced
3 tsp of garlic purée
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 large carrot, diced
1 small bell chilli
2 tsp chilli powder
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground ginger
400g tin chopped tomatoes
½ pint of water or stock
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 bunch chopped coriander (optional)
450g Loprofin Rice
- Fill a large pot ¾ full with water and bring it to the boil, then add 1 tsp of oil and the Loprofin Rice
- Return to the boil, reduce the heat slightly and cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the rice from sticking together
- In a separate large pan, sauté the onions in oil until soft
- Add the garlic, garlic purée, chilli, tomato purée, diced carrot, ½ the bunch of chopped coriander and your choice of vegetables. The harder vegetables (carrots, swede etc.) will need longer time for cooking so add these first
- Add all of the spices: ground cumin, turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander and ground ginger and stir for a few minutes
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and water
- Cook until all of the vegetables are tender and the sauce has been reduced and thickened
- Finish the dish by adding a handful of chopped fresh coriander and serve with Loprofin Rice.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.