Instant honey porridge
Total cooking time:
Level 4 dysphagia diet
Ingredients20g instant porridge oats or fine rolled oats
10g clear honey
a pinch of salt
2 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Put the oats in a saucepan, pour in milk and sprinkle in a pinch of salt.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 1 minute, stirring from time to time and watching carefully that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan. Alternatively, you can try this in a microwave.
- Mix the oats, milk and a pinch of salt in a large microwave-proof bowl, then microwave on high for 1½ minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Add cream and honey into the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Add Nutilis Clear and blend for 10 seconds.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.