Ingredients1 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 carrot, cubed
2 sticks of celery, finely sliced
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 bay leaf
4 sprigs of thyme
1 courgette, cubed
100g tinned haricot beans, drained and rinsed
200g chopped tomatoes
600ml vegetable stock
50g cooked Loprofin Rice
Small bunch of basil
Salt and pepper
- Gently cook the onion, carrots and celery in the oil in a large saucepan for 20 minutes, until soft. Add a splash of water if the pan becomes dry
- Add the garlic, tomato puree, herbs and courgettes and cook for 4-5 minutes on a medium heat until they brown a little
- Pour in the tomatoes and stock and simmer for 20 minutes
- Add the Loprofin Rice and beans and simmer for a further 15 minutes
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- To serve, sprinkle with basil and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and mut be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.