Loprofin basic bread
- 250g Loprofin Mix (extra for dusting and shaping the bread)
- 25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200mls Sno-Pro
- 10g psyllium husk
- 7g packet of yeast
- Mix the psyllium husk with the Sno-Pro and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Rub the hard white fat into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, salt, yeast, and pour in the Sno-Pro mixture and mix until you have a soft dough. Cover and leave in a warm place until the dough doubles in size.
- Tip the dough onto a work surface dusted with a little Loprofin Mix. Knead and shape the dough into a fat sausage shape.
- Place into an oiled 2lb loaf tin. Cover and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size.
- Bake 170°C for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden.
- To test if it’s baked, when you tap the bottom of the loaf it should sound hollow.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled wrap in cling film until needed.
- You can slice and freeze the bread for up to 3 months until needed.
- This basic bread dough can be made into rolls, burger buns, naan bread ,wraps, bread sticks bagels, see notes on baking other bread.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional