Loprofin cake mix
1 box Loprofin chocolate cake mix
25g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, mix the Loprofin cake mix, cocoa, oil, Sno-Pro and mayonnaise to a smooth batter.
- Place in a 6x9inch lined baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes until well risen and firm to touch. When you insert a knife into the mixture no cake mixture should cover it.
- Allow to cool in the tray on a wire rack.
- For alternative recipe see side of packet.
- This cake mix can be made using the instructions add 120mls of oil and mix together then add 220mls sparkling water and mix to a smooth batter then leave to stand for 15 minutes, then bake in one large tin or muffin cases.
- To the basic mixture above you can add 50g low protein chocolate chips or mixed dried fruit or chopped glace cherries.
- You can bake in a tin as a tray bake or use an 8inch cake tin, or 10 muffin cases, or 2x7inch sandwich tins.
- You can ice or sandwich this cake with butter cream (see icing recipe), jam or chocolate spread, or a bought filling.
- This is great as a birthday cake, once cooled you can freeze the cake for up to 3 months until needed un-iced.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.