Fruit celebration cake
Total cooking time:
15 mins to mix and 2 hours to bake
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value 1* (exchange per serving 0)
150g dark brown sugar
30g black treacle
1 tsp mixed spice
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
3 tsp baking powder
350g Loprofin Mix
3 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
500g mixed dried fruit
75g of glace cherries
1 grated eating apple
- Pre-heat oven to 150°C.
- In a bowl, cream the butter, sugar, black treacle, mixed spice, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract until light and fluffy in texture.
- Sift the Loprofin Mix, baking powder and Loprofin Egg Replacer together.
- Add a small amount of the dry ingredients followed by a small amount of the Sno-Pro. Fold together repeat until all the dry mixture and Sno-Pro is incorporated.
- Now add the dried fruit and cherries and fold into the batter.
- Place in a 10-inch round tin or 9-inch square tin lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 2 hours or until you can insert a small knife and it comes out clean. If there is cake batter on the knife bake for another 20 minutes keep testing until its fully baked.
- Allow to cool over night in the tin.
- Once cooled brush the outside of the cake with warm apricot jam.
- Use royal icing (see icing page for recipe) or rolled out fondant icing.
- Add edible decorations.
- When cooking if there is cake batter on the knife bake for another 20minutes keep testing until its fully baked- this cake takes longer than sponge cakes.
- This cake is great for a Christmas cake.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.