Lemon drizzle cake
200g Loprofin Mix
75g melted butter cooled
100g caster sugar
1 ½ tsp baking powder
2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
For the glaze:
150g icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon
- Pre-heat the oven at 160°C.
- In a bowl, mix the cooled melted butter and caster sugar together with a wooden spoon.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until you have a soft cake mixture.
- Grease the loaf tin and line the bottom with a strip of baking paper.
- Spoon the cake mixture into the tin and smooth the top with a knife.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the cake is set and the top is golden.
- Leave in the tin to cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Using a cocktail stick prick the cake all over.
To make the icing:
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together.
- Take the cake out of the loaf tin and keep on the wire rack.
- Drizzle the icing all over the cake, some will fall over the edge and some will get soaked into the cake.
- Allow to cool before cutting, store in an airtight tin.
- You can freeze the loaf cake before you ice it then ice it after the cake has defrosted.
- You can always use orange, grapefruit, lime, clementine, or a mix of any citrus fruit.
- When making the icing, add small amounts of lemon juice at a time so you get a thick consistency.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.