Mexican chilli bowl
Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value 0.5*
- 50g mushrooms
- 3 spring onions
- 1 medium carrot
- 100g jackfruit
- 1 red/yellow pepper
- 20g olive oil
- 1 small can of tomatoes
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander
- ½ sweet smoked paprika
- ½ mixed dried herbs
- Loprofin Rice cooked
- 1//2 avocado sliced or diced (coat in lemon or lime juice to stop the avocado from going brown)
- 1 tablespoon coconut yogurt
- chopped coriander
- 30g low protein cheese (mature cheddar or feta low protein cheese are great here)
- In a pan, heat the olive oil over medium/low heat.
- Chop all the vegetables into bite-size pieces and fry the veg in the oil for 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic, tomato puree, chilli, paprika, cumin, coriander, and dried herbs and fry for another 2 minutes to release all the flavours.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes and reduce the heat to low and simmer for another 10 minutes until the veg is cooked through.
- To a bowl add the cooked Loprofin Rice, add the chilli then top with chopped avocado, add a spoon of coconut yogurt and sprinkle with low protein cheese and chopped coriander.
- You can batch cook the chilli recipe and cool and freeze until needed.
- Add any vegetables you like to the mixture.
- You can also serve with chopped fresh tomato, cucumber, shredded lettuce, radishes, sweetcorn, red kidney beans and fresh chopped chillies.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.