Ingredients200g (8oz) Loprofin Mix
½ tsp ground cinnamon
100g (4oz) butter
6 tbsp mincemeat*
- Place the Loprofin Mix and cinnamon in a large bowl, cut the butter into small pieces and rub into the mix, until the texture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Stir in sufficient water to give a firm manageable dough.
- Transfer the dough to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix and lightly knead for a few seconds, until smooth.
- Roll out just over half the dough and use to line 12 tartlet tins. Divide the mincemeat between the pastry cases.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into rounds for lids, place the lids over the mincemeat, gently pressing to seal the pastry to the base. For a more festive look to your pies cut the pastry lids into star shapes.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approximately 15 minutes, until lightly browned.
Allergens may be present. Please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels