200ml fish stock
50ml fresh cream
1 tsp paprika
1 romaine lettuce
50ml tomato ketchup
1tbsp orange juice
0.5tbsp Worcestershire sauce
10ml olive oil
1g salt and pepper
16 scoops Nutilis Clear
1 tsp horseradish optional
- Peel the prawns and fry them in butter for 3 minutes, cook with the fish broth, paprika and cream.
- Blend the prawns and liquid until it becomes smooth. Add 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear and blend again.
- Mix the mayonnaise, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, whiskey, and orange juice - mix it well and add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear.
- Wash and chop the lettuce, then blend it with 10ml of olive oil, a tablespoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper - no extra water will be needed. Once blended, strain and add 9 scoops of Nutilis Clear to equal the prawn puree texture.
- Serve it in a cup with the pureed sauce in the bottom, lettuce in the middle, and prawn puree on the top.
Presentation tip: Layer the prawn cocktail in a cocktail glass for visual impact.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional. “
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.