- 285g Loprofin Mix
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 110g butter, melted
- 2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 150g pumpkin puree
- 200ml Loprofin Drink or Sno-Pro
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
- In a jug, mix the pumpkin puree, Sno-Pro, lemon juice and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl, place the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer, salt, ground turmeric and bicarbonate of soda and whisk together using a wire whisk.
- Next, stir in the pumpkin mixture to the bowl and stir to combine (don’t over mix at this stage).
- Pour into a lined 2lb loaf tin or 2 x 1lb loaf tins and bake the bread at 180℃ for 35/45 minutes - the top should be golden when baked and will spring back when you press your finger on the top.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- I use pumpkin from a tin for this recipe but be careful as there are 2 types - a pie filling which has spices added to it or just cooked pumpkin which is a puree.
- If you want to use fresh pumpkin, chop the pumpkin into slices and steam until soft before mashing and allowing to cool before using in the recipe.
- You can add grated courgettes and carrot to this recipe, 75g in total.
- Slice and use the bread in sandwiches or toast for breakfast.
- You can freeze this loaf for 3 months – it is best to pre-slice the bread before freezing.
- You can add other spices to this loaf including ground paprika, cumin & chilli powder
- You can bake this recipe in muffin tins but the baking will change to 25/30 minutes
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional