Ingredients2 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 kg pumpkin, deseeded, peeled and cut into chunks
700ml vegetable stock
200ml Sno Pro/Loprofin Drink
Salt, pepper and fresh herbs, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the onions and garlic and gently cook for 5 mins, until soft but not coloured.
- Add the pumpkin to the saucepan and cook for a further 8 10 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the vegetable stock into the saucepan. Bring to the boil and simmer for 20 mins until the squash is very soft.
- Blend the soup to a smooth consistency and return to the saucepan. Pour in the Sno Pro/Loprofin and gently reheat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fresh herbs and Loprofin Bread or homemade low protein croutons.
Allergens may be present. Please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin and Sno-Pro by a healthcare professional.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels