Roasted red pepper and tomato soup
Ingredients2 red peppers, roughly chopped
2 ripe tomatoes, quartered
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
Freshly ground pepper
900ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp torn fresh basil leaves
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- Arrange the pepper halves and tomatoes on a roasting tray, cut side up.
- Drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes
- Heat the rest of the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and the garlic and heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until softened.
- Add peppers, tomatoes, tomato purée and stock, bring to the boil
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Add the basil and blitz^.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and serve. Left overs can be stored in the fridge for 3 days or in the freezer for 3 months.