Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value 1* (0 per serving)
250g Loprofin Mix
2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
2 tsp baking power
170mls Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink
20g freeze dried raspberries or strawberries
50g low protein white chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl add the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer, and baking powder
- Then cube the cold butter and add this to the bowl, working it into the dry mix with a fork until you have the texture of breadcrumbs
- Next add the Sno-Pro and stir until you have a soft dough, then fork through the raspberries and low protein chocolate chips
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal pieces and place onto the baking tray
- Bake at 170oc for 12/15 minutes. Once baked cool on a wire rack
- Eat the same day or wrap and freeze until needed
- Add 50g of any dried fruit e.g. dried mango, pineapple, sultanas, banana chips for variety
- Add vanilla extract, almond, lemon, orange, cherry to add different flavours
- Great for snack, parties and lunch boxes
- Buns will keep in the freezer for 3 months
- 50g of fresh berries can be added e.g. raspberries, chopped strawberries and blueberries
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.