Brownie with vanilla ice cream
Ingredients50g instant mash potato purée flakes
10g cocoa powder
40g icing sugar
200g vanilla ice cream
- Take the vanilla ice cream out of the freezer and allow it to melt completely.
- Prepare the mash potato purée with the milk following the package instructions; add the butter and icing sugar, and melt them into the purée whilst stirring well.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave or bain-marie
- Take approximately ¾ of the potato purée and mix it with the melted chocolate until you achieve a dark brown coloured purée, add the cocoa powder and stir well.
- Add 3 scoops of Nutilis Clear to the chocolate purée mixture and mix well - this should ensure an even texture when heating.
- Mix the remaining ¼ of the potato purée with the melted vanilla ice cream; add 7 scoops of Nutilis Clear to thicken the ice cream purée mixture - this ice cream mixture should be the same texture as the chocolate purée - and place in the fridge.
- Heat the chocolate purée in a microwave for 20 seconds and plate it in the shape of a brownie piece; plate two balls of ice cream purée next to the brownie.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.