Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value ½* (exchange per serving 0)
275g Loprofin Mix (extra for dusting and rolling)
25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
7g packet of yeast
10g psyllium husk
25g soft Brown sugar
For the filling:
50g soft butter (room temperature)
50g soft brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- Mix the Sno-Pro with the psyllium husk and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, rub the hard white fat into the Loprofin Mix so it looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar, salt and yeast to the breadcrumb mixture. Then stir in the Sno-Pro mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover and leave to prove in a warm place for 1½ hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Dust a worktop with Loprofin Mix and tip out the dough. Tip the dough onto a worktop lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix to stop it sticking.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough to the size of a 9x9 inch square.
- Spread the dough with the softened butter. Sprinkle over the soft brown sugar and ground cinnamon covering the dough evenly.
- Roll the dough up like a swiss roll as tightly as you can, with a sharp knife cut the roll into 6 even pieces.
- Place into a greased baking tin/lined baking sheet or place each piece into a muffin tray.
- Cover and allow to stand in a warm place so the dough can rise until it doubles in size.
- Bake for 30–40 minutes until golden brown, leave to cool in the tin.
- You can add dried fruit to the filling such as 50g currants, pineapple, apple, mango, cranberries. All change the flavours and add interest.
- You can also ice the tops when cooled with water icing-see the iced fingers recipe.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional