Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value 1* (exchange per serving 0)
30g custard powder (not custard mix)
1–2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- Mix the custard powder and sugar with a small amount of Sno-Pro to make a smooth paste.
- Heat the remaining Sno-Pro, butter and vanilla until almost at boiling point.
- Remove the milk from the heat and stir into the paste.
- Return to the heat and bring the mixture to the boil–stir continuously until the custard begins to thicken.
- Thin the custard down with a little more Sno-Pro if necessary.
- Serve hot or cold.
- We use this custard recipe in the trifle, custard tarts, fruit tarts.
- You can serve this with the sticky toffee pudding, crumble, or jam sponge.
- Once made you can keep in the fridge for 3 days.
- Be really careful not to let the Sno-Pro stick or burn in the pan.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.