tablespoons skimmed milk powder
1 heaped tablespoon salted butter
1 tablespoon ground almonds
2 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Roughly chop broccoli and place in a pot on high heat. Half fill the pot with boiling water and add a pinch of salt if desired. Simmer with a lid on for 15 minutes.
- Place the contents of the pot (broccoli and remaining liquid) into the blender. Add in the spinach, ground almonds, skimmed milk powder and butter and blend into a puree. Add some cream if required to achieve a puree consistency.
- Pass puree through a fine metal sieve (use a clean spoon to scrape the outside of the sieve).
- Add the Nutilis Clear, stir and leave to stand until desired thickness has been achieved.
- Pipe the broccoli puree onto a plate.
All food tests should be conducted in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). Always test foods at the temperature at which they are intended to be served at.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.