400ml boiling water
50g salted butter
1 pinch cumin
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 scoop Nutilis Clear
- Roughly chop your carrots and place in a pot with the boiling water and a pinch of salt. Place the lid on and leave to simmer until cooked.
- Place the carrots, butter, cumin, honey and grated ginger into a blender adding water if needed, and blend to a puree.
- Pass puree through a fine metal sieve (use a clean spoon to scrape the outside of the sieve).
- Add the Nutilis Clear, stir and leave to stand until desired thickness has been achieved.
- Pipe puree into desired shape.
All food tests should be conducted in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). Always test foods at the temperature at which they are intended to be served at.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.