1.5 Exchange Energy Balls
Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - exchange value 1 . 5
3 tbsp Loprofin Rice , cooked
20g peanut butter
1 tbsp honey
15g cocoa powder
- In a food processor, blitz together the Loprofin Rice, dates, peanut butter, oats and cocoa powder.
- Add in the honey to bind them. If the mixture is too dry you could add a tiny amount of water until they are combined.
- Roll out 9 evenly-sized balls.
- Sprinkle the balls with desiccated coconut, cocoa powder or top with a Goji berry.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 1 week.
These energy balls are handy for lunchboxes, sports bags,or when travelling and can be made using any dried fruit that you have available, e.g. dried apricots or prunes.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and mut be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.