50g hard margarine or butter, at room temperature
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacers
1 tsp baking powder*
Ready-made icing or vanilla buttercream icing*
- Place the margarine or butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a large bowl, beat for 1–2 minutes until light in texture and creamy coloured.
- Thoroughly mix together the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder, stir into the creamed mixture alternately with Sno-Pro, until a soft smooth batter is achieved – do not over beat.
- Pour the mixture into two individual round sandwich tins. Or one large tin to make a larger cake.
- Bake the cake or cakes in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, until well risen and firm to touch.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring onto a wire rack.
- Sandwich the two parts of the cake together with jam and/or icing.
- Finish decorating the top of the cake with icing or a sugar mixture to decorate.
Oven temperature: 190°C/375°F/Gas Mark 5
Equipment: 2 x 17cm (7 inch) round sandwich tin, lightly greased and base lined with non-stick/greaseproof paper and a large bowl
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
61 kcal energy