75g hot overcooked pasta
75ml hot water
2 scoops Nutilis Clear
0.5tbsp sunflower oil
30g onion (chopped)
30g carrots (chopped)
100g minced beef
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 large splash of Worcestershire sauce
5 scoops Nutilis Clear parmesan cheese (finely grated)
- For the pasta cook the pasta in boiling water as per pack instructions and overcook it slightly so it is soft.
- Put pasta into the blender, add water, cream and cheese and blend until smooth.
- Whisk or blend 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear into the mixture and let it stand for 90 seconds.
- For the sauce, heat the oil in a medium saucepan, and soften the onions and carrots for a few minutes.
- When soft, turn up the heat and crumble in the beef. Brown the beef, tipping off any excess fat. Add the tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes.
- Pour over the stick, bring to a simmer, then cover and cook for 40 minutes, uncovering halfway.
- Place the mixture into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Whisk in 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear to thicken.
- Pipe the puréed meat on to a plate into a 6cm by 6cm square. Alternatively use a small square oven dish.
- Then continue the layering. Pipe pasta on the meat, then add another layer of meat and finish with a layer of pasta topped with Parmesan cheese.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.