250g Loprofin Mix, extra for dusting
50g cold butter cut into cubes
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
170mls Sno-Pro (extra for brushing the tops)
Pinch of salt
2 tsp lemon juice
To the basic scone mix add:**
50g of caster sugar
The zest of 2 oranges, lemons or limes
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C.
- In a bowl, sift the Loprofin Mix, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt together.
- Rub in the cold butter until it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the Sno-Pro, lemon juice, caster sugar, the zest and mix until you have a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly dusted surface.
- Cut out using a pastry cutter and place on a lined baking tray.
- Brush the tops with Sno-Pro.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve the scones the same day or freeze wrapped in cling film until needed.
- Scones are great for lunch boxes you can split them and fill with sandwich filling or serve alongside soups and curries as a bread alternative.
- Scones need to eaten the same day as they don’t keep very well, but you can split them and toast them for breakfast or a quick snack.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional