Lemon meringue pie
- Line a 8 inch/20cm loose bottom tart dish with the pastry.
- Prick the bottom with a fork. Blind bake for 10–15 minutes.
- Allow to cool.
- Once cooled, add a jar of lemon curd.
- To make the meringue see our meringue recipe page.
- Top the lemon curd with the low protein meringue.
- Bake at 180°C for 10–15 minutes until the meringue is golden brown.
- Lemon meringue pie is best served fresh. To save time you can make the pastry ahead and freeze it until you are ready to bake.
- Be careful that the meringue doesn’t catch the top of the oven and burn.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.