- 200g Loprofin Mix
- 50g cold butter cut into cubes
- 50g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
- 2 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- Ice cold water
- Place the Loprofin Mix and Loprofin Egg Replacer in a bowl
- Rub the fats into the Loprofin mix until it looks like breadcrumbs
- Add iced water to the mixture 1 tbsp at a time until the pastry forms a soft dough (the feel of playdough)
- Wrap in cling film and chill for 20 minutes
- Roll out the pastry to the size needed
- When rolling the pastry out, roll between 2 sheets of baking parchment as this will stop it from sticking and making a mess
- We use this pastry for jam tarts, lemon meringue tart, mince pies, quiches, flans and custard tart’s.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision
*The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.