- 250g Loprofin Mix (extra for dusting and shaping the bread)
- 25g cold hard white fat cut into cubes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 200mls Sno-Pro
- 10g psyllium husk
- 7g packet of yeast
- Follow our Loprofin basic bread recipe to make your dough.
- Divide the dough into 50g pieces.
- Flatten the dough into a 4-inch circle, using a 1 inch cutter remove the centre of the dough.
- Place on a baking sheet and cover. Leave in a warm place until the dough doubles in size.
- Half fill a large saucepan with water and 2 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Bring to a simmer, now place in the bagels one at a time. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes per side.
- Remover with a slotted spoon and place on a lined baking sheet sprinkle with poppy seeds or sesame seeds.
- Bake in 170°C oven for 10–15 minutes until golden brown.
- If you tap the bottom they will sound hollow when cooked.
- Whenever you are rolling /handling dough always dust your work surface with Loprofin Mix to stop the dough from sticking to the roller and to your work surface.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision.
*The phenylalanine content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional