Sticky toffee pudding
- 200g pitted soft dates
- 150mls boiling water
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 100g butter
- 30g black treacle
- 60g dark muscovado sugar
- 3 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
- 200mls Sno-Pro
- 185g Loprofin Mix
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C and grease the baking dish
- Pour the boiling water over the dates and add the bicarbonate of soda. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Cream the soft butter and black treacle together. Add the sugar and mix to combine.
- Add the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder. Slowly add the Sno-Pro and mix until you have a soft batter.
- Using a fork, stir/squash the soaked dates. Pour into the batter mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and bake for 30–35 minutes.
- You can freeze this pudding but don’t add the sauce, you can add the warm sauce to the defrosted pudding when serving instead.
- You can bake this pudding mixture into individual moulds or muffin trays and freeze until needed.
- The sauce will last for a week in the fridge (do not freeze).
- You can add dried fruit to the mixture (50g of sultanas, raisins, or cranberries).
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.