100g butter (room temp.)
175g Loprofin Mix
75g caster sugar
3 tsp Sno-Pro
OPTIONAL FLAVOURS TO ADD AT STEP 2
Grated rind of ½ lemon and 1 tsp dried lavender or of ½ small orange
1 tsp sweet spice (i.e. ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice etc.)
50g currants or other dried fruits
Few drops of vanilla or almond essence
50g finely chopped cherries
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Rub the butter and Loprofin Mix togeter in a large mixing bowl until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and add flavouring (as above), if desired.
- Using one hand, squeeze the mixture until it comes together, adding sufficient Sno-Pro to give a manageable dough. Transfer to a surface lightly dusted with Loprofin Mix and knead the dough for about 30 seconds until smooth.
- Roll out the dough to about ½ cm thickness and cut into desired shapes (e.g. stars, hearts, circles, ovals, animal shapes or others).
- Transfer the biscuits to a lightly greased baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 20–25 minutes until pale golden in colour.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the baking tray to cool completely on a wire rack.
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range and Sno-Pro are Foods for Special Medical Purposes and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.