Smoked haddock mornay
Ingredients600g smoked haddock, skinned and boned cut into cubes
120g mature cheddar cheese grated
80g parmesan cheese grated
50g plain flour
10g Dijon mustard
black pepper to taste
300ml whole milk
150ml fish stock
10 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Heat a pan on the stove and melt the butter, stir in the flour and cook for one minute.
- Combine the fish stock and milk, then gradually add to the flour mixture until evenly combined, add mustard.
- Add the cheddar and parmesan cheese and stir until melted and fully combined, season to taste.
- Add the smoked haddock and cook over a low heat until the fish starts to flake.
- Transfer to a blender and process until smooth with no particles - if needed use a sieve to remove any bits.
- Mix in the Nutilis Clear and leave to stand for one minute.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with pea and sweet potato purées.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.