250g tomato passata
200g minced beef
1 carrot (small)
1 clove of garlic
50g parmesan cheese
100ml red wine
1 tbsp olive oil
1g salt and pepper
9 scoops Nutilis Clear
- Boil the macaroni in salted water until it’s overcooked (usually 5 minutes longer than the specified time on the package instructions).
- Peel and finely chop the onion, garlic and carrot. Fry them together in a saucepan with a drop of olive oil, some thyme and pinch of salt.
- Add the minced beef and, while it’s cooking, add the red wine. Cook for 15 minutes - stirring often to break up the meat pieces.
- Add 200ml of water and cook for a further 5 minutes to ensure the meat fibres are not too tough.
- Blend the beef mixture until it is perfectly smooth and without lumps, then add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear and blend again.
- Blend the tomato passata with 5 scoops of Nutilis Clear.
- Blend the boiled macaroni with 400ml of water, the parmesan cheese and a drop of olive oil, until it becomes a smooth purée. Add 2 scoops of Nutilis Clear to make the macaroni mixture the same texture as the other purees.
- Place the pasta purée in a dish with the meat and tomato purées.
Ensure you complete dysphagia texture checks.
Additional portions can be frozen for later use or refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
Please be aware that blending hot foods can be dangerous. Always check the manufacturer’s instructions to ensure that your blender is suitable for processing hot foods and follow their instructions for safe blending.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.