Syrup/jam sponge pudding
50g butter at room temperature
50g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
115g Loprofin Mix
1 tsp Loprofin Egg Replacer
1 tsp baking powder
75g golden syrup or 75g jam
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the butter, caster sugar and vanilla essence into a large bowl and beat the mixture for 1–2 minutes until light and creamy.
- In a separate bowl, mix the Loprofin Mix, Loprofin Egg Replacer and baking powder.
- Stir into the creamed mixture along with the Sno-Pro, mix until a soft smooth batter is achieved. Do not overbeat.
- Lightly grease a 1 lb bowl and insert a circle of greaseproof paper at the bottom.
- Place the golden syrup or jam in the bottom of the bowl and cover with the cake mixture.
- Bake for 20–30 minutes until the cake rises and is firm to touch.
- Allow to cool in the bowl for 5 minutes before transferring onto a serving plate.
- Serve with low protein custard or ice cream.
- You can add the zest of a lemon/orange to the mixture.
- Leave out the syrup/jam and add 50g of dried fruit to make a spotted dick.
- You can also steam this pudding for 1½ hours.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.