250g baby tomatoes
2 cloves of garlic or 2 tsp garlic puree
150g low protein Mediterranean style cheese
35 mls olive oil
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
salt & pepper to season
Loprofin pasta to serve
- In a baking dish, place the low protein cheese, tomatoes, garlic (sliced thinly) and sprinkle over the dried basil
- Next, drizzle over the olive oil and place the baking dish into a 200°C oven for 20/25 minutes until the tomatoes have roasted and broken down but are still holding their shape
- Cook the Loprofin pasta in a large pan of boiling water
- Take the baking dish out of the oven and with a fork or potato masher, break up the cheese and mix everything into a chunky sauce
- Drain the pasta and pour over the sauce
- This sauce works with any Loprofin pasta
- You can add courgettes, diced onion, and aubergine to the tomato mix
- This sauce will freeze well once cooled so works great for batch cooking
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.