Tylan's pasta salad
Total cooking time:
Low Protein Diet - Exchange value 0*
150g Loprofin Pasta (any shape you like)
50g chopped celery
50g chopped raw mushrooms
3 spring onions chopped
8 baby tomatoes cut in half
50g olives chopped
Dressing - 50g mayonnaise or salad dressing
Salt and pepper to season
- Cook and cool the Loprofin Pasta, drizzle with olive oil to stop it from sticking and store in the fridge until needed
- Chop the celery into small dices, slice the mushrooms, olives, tomatoes, and spring onions and place them into a bowl
- Then add the cooled pasta and dressing and stir to coat
- Lastly season to taste with salt and pepper
- You can add any vegetables to this pasta salad including cucumber, lettuce, beetroot and grated carrot
- You can also add fresh fruit like grapes, strawberries, blueberries and orange slices
- For the dressing you can add olive oil and fresh lemon juice
- Add fresh herbs to change the flavours, basil or parsley are great in this salad
- Once made, you can store in the fridge until needed
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.