Veggie bolognese sauce
1 red onion
2 tsp garlic puree
2 tbsp tomato puree
2 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 large tin of chopped tomatoes
200mls Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink LQ
1 vegetable stock cube
salt and pepper to season
25g olive oil or sunflower oil
- Grate the carrot, parsnip, mushrooms, courgette, and then dice the peppers, jackfruit, and onion
- In a large pan/frying pan, heat the oil over medium heat, then add the vegetables and fry for 5 minutes
- Then add the garlic and tomato puree and fry for 2 minutes before adding the herbs
- Lastly add the chopped tomatoes, stock cube, and Sno-Pro or Loprofin Drink LQ into the pan and simmer for 20 minutes
- Serve with Loprofin Spaghetti or any of the other Loprofin Pasta shapes
- Grate over some low protein cheese
- Any vegetables can be used in this recipe
- To add exchanges, add peas, sweetcorn, broccoli, and cauliflower
- Once cooked cool and freeze
- Use the sauce in lasagne, cannelloni, cottage pie, dirty fries
Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
The Loprofin Range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes, for the dietary management of Inherited Metabolic Disorders, and must be used under medical supervision. This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and food labels.