50g icing sugar
200g Loprofin Mix
2 tsp vanilla essence
35g custard powder
1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Cream the butter, vanilla, and icing sugar until pale in colour.
- Mix in the Loprofin Mix, custard powder and baking powder to form a soft dough.
- Now you can pipe out the dough in to circles, or fingers, if you don’t have a piping bag place walnut size pieces of the dough onto the tray and slightly press down the palm of your hand, (make sure you leave a gap in between the biscuits as they will spread when baking).
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool on the tray.
- Once cooled you can eat the biscuits as they are or sandwich 2 together using buttercream.
- Store in an airtight tin or freeze the biscuits in a box for up to 3 months.
- If you want to make chocolate biscuits take out 25g of Loprofin Mix and add 25g of cocoa powder.
- You can vary the filling and use jam, buttercream or low protein chocolate.
This recipe is intended for patients who have been prescribed Loprofin by a healthcare professional.
The Loprofin range are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of inherited metabolic disorders and other conditions requiring a low protein diet, and must be used under medical supervision.
* The protein content indicated in this recipe is provided as a guide only. Please check the protein content on individual ingredients and product labels.
**Allergens may be present, please check individual ingredients and product labels. If concerned about allergens, please contact your healthcare professional.